Target security breach - Quad City Bank & Trust offers advice.
Target Corporation announced that unauthorized access to its payment card data may affect up to 70 million accounts. The unauthorized access may impact shoppers who made credit or debit card purchases in Target U.S. stores from Nov. 27 to Dec. 15, 2013. Officials have determined that the information involved in this incident included customer name, credit or debit card number, and the card's expiration date and CVV (the three-digit security code).
Target Corporation has released a list of its compromised cards to Quad City Bank & Trust and we have notified our affected clients accordingly.
- Monitor your bank and credit card statements regularly and carefully (go online; don't wait for the paper statement).
- If you suspect any fraudulent activity on your account, contact us immediately at 563.388.7228.
- Quad City Bank & Trust's debit card fraud protection continues to proactively monitor your checking account(s) with an automated call system that contacts you directly, even during after-business hours and the weekend. If our risk management system suspects fraudulent activity on your debit card during after-business hours or the weekend, you will receive an automated phone call from us to validate the legitimacy of the transactions. If this occurs during normal bank hours, you will receive an automated call, as well as a phone call from a Quad City Bank & Trust employee. In either scenario, your participation in responding to our call is critical to prevent potential risk and avoid restrictions we may place on the use of your card. It is also critical to keep us informed of your correct phone number(s) and address at all times, to ensure we can continue to reach you whenever potential fraud is detected.
Reasons your Quad City Bank & Trust Visa Check card could become disabled:
- Our automated call will ask you to verify recent transaction activity on your card. (Please note: we will NEVER ask you for your card # or PIN; only your zip code).
- You'll be able to respond via your touch tone keypad.
- You'll also be provided a toll-free number (866-750-9107) to call should you have additional questions.
- If you confirm the transactions in question are NOT legitimate.
- If you are never reached or never respond to our automated call (which attempts to reach you at each phone number you provide Quad City Bank & Trust).
- If the transactions in question surpasses our risk scoring threshold (each transaction is scored on the degree of probability that it is fraudulent).
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at 563.388.7228. Your financial security is of the utmost importance to Quad City Bank & Trust.